Skate Marshalling is a highly rewarding and engaging job, you will be the friendly face who our visitors remember fondly for years to come.
Purpose of Role
Roller Skating is a fun and enjoyable passtime, but not everyone has immediate natural ability. Quite often people young and old will come to us and it will be their first time on roller skates. They may need a little support, guidance, encouragement and confidence to find their feet and take their first few tentative steps.
Great Skate Marshals are hard to come by, but all possess some key attributes. To be a successful skate marshal with Manchester Roller Sports, you will need to:
- Be warm, welcoming and friendly to our visitors
- Be a confident roller skater
- Be proactive in ensuring safety for all on the rink
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate (or be willing to work towards one)
- Hold no criminal convictions and be able to pass a DBS Check
As a volunteer, you are giving your time, energy, passion and expertise to help the next generation of roller skaters. We run roller skating sessions for the general public every Saturday & Sunday.
You can commit to coming once a week, once a month, once a quarter or even just once a year. All are welcome